Fully Synthetic and Semi-Synthetic Motor Oil
Why should I use synthetic motor Oil?
What is the advantage of using synthetic motor oil? Is it superior to conventional motor oil?
Veedol synthetic motor oil is more robust giving it a performance benefit over conventional motor oil especially in terms of low-temperature pumping and flow. In high-temperature operation, Veedol Synthetic motor oil remains stablewhich helps enhance protection against engine deposits. These attributes translate into less engine wear, and help keep the engine running like new with increased engine life.
Conventional oils fail to match the performance of synthetic oils in specific areas of low-temperature performance and high-temperature oxidation stability. The mineral base stocks used in conventional motor oils may contain significantly more impurities, such as aromatics and other undesirable contaminants that cannot be completely removed by conventional refining of crude oil.
What is a Synthetic motor Oil?
• Fully synthetic motor oil has been in use since the 1970s. Semi-synthetic oils are blends of mineral oil with less than 30% synthetic oil. These are designed to have many benefits of the synthetic oil but at a lower cost of pure synthetic oil. Veedol introduced the world’s first semi-synthetic motor oil in 1966.
A Deeper explanation of Synthetic motor oil.
• Synthetic base stocks are taken from highly refined paraffinic mineral base stocks subjected to a hydrocracking process to remove impurities and greatly increase the performance with respect to group I paraffinic mineral oil. This process enables the performance of a group III base stock to be on par with group V but with the ability to readily mix with group I, which most artificial synthetic bases cannot do. Therefore synthetics motor oils produced from Synthetic base stocks have a distinct advantage as they can be easily mixed with mineral base engine oils. However, it is recommended to always drain and flush the engine running on mineral engine oil before changing over to synthetic oil.
• The Viscosity Index Improver in Veedol motor oil is a high performance poly methacrylate polymer which used at specific treat rates provides a stable in grade product even under severe conditions.
What happens when different synthetic motor oils are mixed together?
Are there advantages in using synthetic motor oil in car, light commercial and in heavy duty vehicles?
- Veedol Syntron offers ultimate performance to those prestige seekers, who are looking for OEM performance standards.
- Veedol Powertron is for those self-made achievers, who want power as well as protection with their investment while preventing inconvenience.
- Veedol Maratron is specifically developed & optimized for light and heavy duty trucks opting for longer drain intervals as well as more vehicle downtime. However it is advised to follow your owner’s manual for recommended oil and filter change frequencies.
Dos and Don’ts while disposing of used synthetic motor oil?
- You should always follow the same health, safety, security and environmentally sound procedures that you do with conventional motor oil. Never ever dump used motor oil in the trash.
- You are not supposed to pour the used oil on the ground or down the sewer or storm drain.
- You have to always place the used motor oil in a closed container.
- You have to always take it to a service station or a collection location that recycles used motor oil.
- You should not burn the used motor oil in a space heater.
- You should never mix motor oil with other substances, such as gasoline or antifreeze, which will adversely affect the recycling process.
Can I mix different synthetic motor oils together?
Do I need to flush my engine to switch to Veedol Syntron fully synthetic or Veedol Powertron semi-synthetic oil?
If I start using Veedol synthetic motor oil will it cancel the warranty on my new car?
Do Veedol synthetic oils require use of a special oil filter?
Can I use Veedol synthetic motor oil in diesel engines?
What are the chances of Veedol synthetic oils leaking out of the seals of older cars?
How can Veedol Synthetic Motor Oil help my engine run cleaner?
Can Veedol Synthetic Motor oil help protect my engine?
How is the performance affected during peak temperature & harsh weather conditions?